Monday, June 18, 2007

All Apologies

Ok the cold war has ended and peace and joy reigns once again in the Bhattacharyya household. Quite a few people have complained about the typical teenage-angst-ridden note of most of my previous posts and have expressed concern over my mental well-being. Also, I realized that the general tone of my posts are giving an entirely one-sided view of me and my life. So time for a little clearing up.

First of all, my life doesn’t suck that much, you know. It’s actually a nice, wholesome, happy one, albeit a little boring right now. My parents have their quirks, but most of the time it’s more funny than irritating – at least I never fail to see the humor of it, and the realization that most parents are more or less cast out of the same mould, helps me laugh off most of their idiosyncrasies.

Consequently, I am not exactly the depressed fuck with more angst than I know where to put. In fact, quite the opposite. I am usually never spotted without a smile on my face and my silly enthusiasm about sunny days, pretty blue flowers, matching jewellery and the like is renowned. The one to come jumping and skipping declaring to whoever might be listening that it’s a beautiful morning – that’s me. I like being happy. You might say, “who doesn’t?” to that but if you think over it, you’ll realize that many people don’t know how to be happy. Happiness is not going to drop onto your lap from the skies; you have to find it. So that’s exactly what I try to do most of the time – no matter how silly the sources may seem to others. It may be “corny” to be thrilled to bits with a poem, it may be “gay” to be ecstatic over the weather, it may be utterly silly to be on top of the world because some stranger wished you good morning, but there, that’s me.

What you see here is not exactly a commentary on who I am. It’s just that I pick topics that enable me to “bitch” because that, I admit, is one of the pleasures of life that I can’t forego.

So now that you know I’m really just your average happy-go-lucky girl-next-door, I can continue my bitching with a clear conscience again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

Mark IV said...

aaah... what fun is life if we dont take the time to appreciate the dyin flowers? blame the weather for that? the city for the weather? the government for the city? the center for the government? the world bank for the center? bush for the worl bank? oil prices for bush??? OIL PRICES? spendin a nice cut of the salary for the exorbitantly expensive green house gas spewing dangerous crap... and crap- the lack of hygiene of some men... men- the way they ogle about chicks.. chicks- the incessant 'peter' and headaches... asprin... alternate medicine... raj TV... evangelists... beach... annoying sundal kids.... sundays... no office... boredom... smoking.. cancer... death... life... AAAH so much fun, so few words!!!!

Nilanjana said...

@mark iv: WHAT?? again, WHAT?? (still scratching head)